This September, organizations and citizens from across the nation will come together for the seventh annual National Preparedness Month (NPM), designed to encourage Americans to prepare for emergencies in their homes, businesses, and communities. FEMA’s Ready Campaign is asking organizations to take part by joining the National Preparedness Month Coalition, committing simply to inform members, employees, and customers about the importance of being prepared for emergencies, large and small. Registering for the Coalition is easy – visit http://ready.adcouncil.org/. Coalition members will be listed on the NPM Web site and receive a toolkit with templates, tools and ideas. For more information about NPM, visit: www.Ready.gov.
Sample of National Preparedness Month Educational Tools Available:
- Website Widgets http://www.fema.gov/help/widgets
- Ready campaign Widget: inform how to get a kit, make a plan and be informed.
- National Preparedness Month widget.
- Popular Links & Downloadable Materials
- Ready Campaign: www.ready.gov (English) and www.listo.gov (Español)
- Get an emergency supply kit: http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/index.html
- Family emergency plan: http://www.ready.gov/america/makeaplan/index.html
- Emergency supply kit list: http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/kit-print.html
- Newsletters /Articles
- E-mail for Employees, Members and Stakeholders.
- Newsletter /Web Site Article/ Blog Entry for a General Audience
- Newsletter/ Web site Article/ Blog Entry for Business Owners/ Managers Audience
- Bill Stuffers
- Instructional Videos
- Public Service Announcements